Where reading is a way of life

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting


Synopsis:  Violet is now working with a special government group where she uses her ability to track down murderers.  When she discovers the body of a college student killed by "the girlfriend collector," she is determined to solve the case with her new team.  Her instant connection with her mysterious partner Rafe is both confusing and unsettling, creating tension with her boyfriend, Jay, yet Violet refuses to give up on the case.  But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye...

My 2 cents:  I could not wait to read this book!  The Body Finder is one of my favorite YA series!  And this book did not disappoint! Jay was as dreamy as ever, Violet's ability was as strange as ever, and the body count was higher than ever!

I loved the addition of Rafe in this series.  I think its really cool that Violet has found others with other special abilities; it makes her feel more normal.  Rafe is the dark, aloof type of guy.  Not really Violet's type at all, but they do seem to have some kind of connection.  Jay was not in this story as much as the last 2 books, but he was still a powerful presence!  For those who love Rafe, I suggest reading Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions. Its a collection of short stories, and there is one about Rafe in there by Kimberly Derting.  Its even brought up a little in this book, so its great background information!

As for the murders--creepy!  Violet actually has 2 murderers she tangles with in this book!  She is in constant danger, I think from the 3rd chapter on!  Kimberly Derting did another bang up job on keeping us in suspense!  I read this book in one sitting!  ( As I have all the books!)  If you have not read the Body Finder series, I implore you to try it! This book gets top rating, 5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. The Last Echo was addictive. Violet and Jay are unforgettable and the mystery will have you gripping your sheets until your knuckles turn white. It seems odd to write that once again Ms. Derting has outdone herself but seeing as it is once again the truth, I need to say it. The Last Echo is another step up for this series which has already become one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly! I can't wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!