Where reading is a way of life

Friday, November 30, 2012

2013 Tea and Books Reading Challenge


Ready for a real 2013 challenge?  This one will definitely be more challenging than some of the other ones I've seen! It's being put on by The Book Garden.

This challenge was inspired by C.S. Lewis' famous words, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."

Welcome to the second edition of the TEA & BOOKS Reading Challenge! Once again, you better settle in with a large cup of tea, because in this challenge you will only get to read ... books with more than 650 pages!

Here goes ...

You may pick both fiction and non fiction books!

Contrary to last year short story collections, anthologies or collected works in one volume are now allowed!

Re-reads will now also be ok (though preferably you should read one of those unread tomes that have been collecting dust on your shelves)!

Last year you had to read 700+ pages but I reduced this to 650+ for 2013 (and no, this is not further negotiable)!

And as a little incentive - books with more than 1.200 pages will count for two books (so theoretically you can read four such super-chunksters to reach the Sencha Connoisseur level)!

Last but not least - no large print editions of a book, please!
Are you ready? Go ahead and pick your level!

2 Books - Chamomile Lover

4 Books - Berry Tea Devotee

6 Books - Earl Grey Aficionado

8 or more Books - Sencha Connoisseur

Head over to the Book Garden to sign up!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will keep track of my progress here.  I am going for Earl Grey Aficionado!  That means 6 big books!

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

5 comments:

  1. A very warm welcome to the challenge! I'm already curious which tomes you'll pick! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love very large books! And of course, tea! I'm thinking of the Song of Ice and Fire series, and maybe the Outlander series. I might also reread Gone With the Wind, I haven't read it in awhile!

      Delete
  2. What about ebooks? How will they count for pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it say how many pages on your device? It does on my Nook. But if you still have ?s, I'd go over to The Book Garden and ask her, since she is hosting

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!