Where reading is a way of life

Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa



GoodReads

Paperback, 304 pages
Includes 3 short stories: Iron Fey #1.5, 3.5, 4.5, and a Guide to the Nevernever

Synopsis: .Winter's Passage

Never make a promise to a faery. They always come to collect. Now Meghan Chase must fulfill her promise to Prince Ash of the Winter Court and embark upon a dangerous journey into the heart of enemy territory—while being pursued by a relentless new foe and guarding her own foolish heart.

Summer's Crossing

What can turn enemies into reluctant allies? A call from the Exile Queen, Leanansidhe, ties legendary prankster Puck to his archenemy, Prince Ash, on a journey that may end in betrayal and will set them both on an irreversible path.

Iron's Prophecy

Before she ever knew what she might become, Iron Queen Meghan Chase was warned by the oracle that her firstborn child would bring nothing but grief. And even as Meghan and Ash celebrate their long-awaited union, the prophecy stirs.…

My 2 cents:  Overall, I was thrilled with this book!  I had Summer's Crossing and Winter's Passage as an ebook, but its nice to have all the short stories in one volume.  I'm seeing more and more of this in other series as well (the Lorien Legacies for one.) I went ahead and reread both short stories, as well as the new parts of the series!

Winter's Passage was my least favorite. Maybe its because it takes place so early in the series, but it didn't really thrill me.  Its mostly a lot of running around the Nevernever, with Meghan worried about her and Ash and the Winter Court.  Honestly, I felt this could have been included in the 2nd book, The Iron Daughter.  

I loved Summer's Crossing!  Its an adventure between Puck and Ash, and I've realized those are my favorite moments in the series!  Both Ash and Puck are very well developed characters. I wish Julie Kagawa would have developed Meghan as well as these too!  

Iron's Prophecy was my favorite of the short stories, because it sets the tone for the next series.  It's a spin off series involving Meghan's brother, Ethan (all grown up!), and Meghan and Ash's son.  Looks like there are going to be some dark times ahead in the Nevernever!  

I also loved the Guide to the Nevernever.  Julie Kagawa had me laughing out loud through most of it.  She gives us humans a survival guide, if we should feel so inclined to visit the fey!  Most of the advice is run, and expect to die! lol Very funny!

Overall I gave the entire book 4 stars.  If you are a fan of the series, you will want to read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!