Where reading is a way of life

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cocoa and Hype Makes Every Book Nice Update--Day 6


My Reading List:

Gates of Pardise by Melissa De La Cruz--Finished! My Review
What's Left Of Me by Kat Zhang--Finished! My Review
The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark--on page 80--I don't think I'll finish this one.
Ten by Gretchen McNeil--Finished! My Review
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry--on page 119
Notes From Ghost Town by Kate Ellison--Finished!  My Review
The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater
Clairty by Kim Harrington--Finished! Review Coming Soon
If I Stay by Gayle Forman--Finished!  My Review
Breathe by Sarah Crossan--Finished! Review Coming Soon
The Diviners by Libby Bray--on page 191
A Million Suns by Beth Revis--Finished!  My Review
Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Trucking right along I think! I love that I'm getting so much reading done! 

Challenge #1--List a Book that's worth the hype, and one that's not!

Worth the Hype!

This book was an amazing contemporary read, and I've already checked the sequel out from the library! It's also a fairly quick read, which is great for a read a thon!






NOT Worth the Hype!

Okay, this book could have been great.  I just can't get myself to finish it.  It has the mysterious creepy factor, but the whole idea of a demon that manifests in moonlight and rapes the main character, who secretly loves it--just plain weird! I don't have a problem with erotica, but this one made me feel icky!




If you'd like to join the Read A Thon, click HERE

2 comments:

  1. Demon Lover sounds weird haha If I Stay is a book I want to read!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!