Where reading is a way of life

Sunday, January 13, 2013

New & Sparkly Books Challenge



New & Sparkly Books Challenge

This is a personal challenge I started keeping track of at the beginning of the year.  I've decided I may as well post it!  Anyone is welcome to join me! I'll get a linky set up at the bottom of the post!


Deets

Runs from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st 2013
Books that count: Any new released book in 2013
The idea behind this: Last year, I did not get nearly as many 2012 books read as I'd like.  They are now all on my TBR pile, along with books from 2011, 2010, 2009...you get the idea!  I am going to keep track of all new releases I would like to read, and cross them off as I read them! 
I know its not practical to read EVERY SINGLE NEW BOOK that I want to read in 2013, but I thought if I kept better track, I may not have as big of a pile at the end of the year!
I will post a monthly link up post starting in February, so you can link your progress.  You may also link reviews, but it isn't required.  (But please be honest that you've read the book!)
For every 5 books you cross off your list, you will get an entry into my end of the year drawing.  I'm not sure what the prizes are yet, but they will be good!  The more people that join us, the more prizes I'll have!
Any format of book counts, as for any way you acquired it: library, bought, traded, for review, etc. You may use the books for cross challenges as well.
REQUIREMENT: You must follow my blog via GFC.  You must post your sign up on your blog, linking to this post so others may sign up if they wish.  You may join in at any time.  You can use my pic above, or you can make your own!

You may make your list however you want! I will be making on shelf on GoodReads.  You are welcome to use my list, or make your own.  You don't have to post your list on every monthly link up, but it would be nice if you posted it on your First post, so we can all compare each other's lists!

Juliababyjen's 2013 New & Sparkly Books List!



























 Not Pictured: Rapunzel Untangled

This is just the start of my list, I will be adding on to it as the year goes on!
I can't wait to read all these Sparkly New Books!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!