Where reading is a way of life

Friday, January 3, 2014

Favorite Contemporaries of 2013


Contemporaries.  Most are centered around romance, but not all.  They can be fun, light and fluffy--or dramatic, dark, and heart breaking.  Its not my most favorite genre, but I have found some amazing books over the last year in this category. And I read quite a few! Here are my faves!  And if you attempt to read any of these, get your tissues ready!

10. Being Henry David by Cal Armistead

9. Hate List by Jennifer Brown

8. Me, Him, Them, and It by Caela Carter

7. Looking for Alaska by John Green


6. If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman


5. Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell


4. Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry


2. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry


1. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

What about you? What were your favorite contemporaries this year?

4 comments:

  1. I've read Being Henry David, Hate List, and the two If I stay books out of this list. Hate List was simply amazing. I don't know what contemporaries I loved last year. Maybe Past Perfect by Leila Sales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate List really stuck with me. I still think about it from time to time. Being Henry David was just so different and interesting, I will probably not forget some of the scenes in that book! Thanks for stopping!

      Delete
  2. I've heard good things about a lot of these. They are going on my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!