Where reading is a way of life

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October Reading--Something Wicked This Way Comes


Hey fellow BOOklovers! Are you all ready for Halloween this year? I myself LOVE Halloween, and the entire month up until then! I love it so much, that some friends and I have come up with a readathon just for Halloween!  You can find out more HERE

To expand this, I'm filling my month long reading goal with spooky, paranormal, creepy and freaky books. I have lots to choose from believe me! My goal is pretty massive--I want to read 25 books this month! I'm already behind. But hopefully I can catch up! 


I started the month with The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness. This is the second book in the Chaos Walking Trilogy. Not something you might think of as a Halloween read, but it does have plenty of aliens and evil creatures parading as men. And plenty of moments in the book were definitely chilling! I loved the read, and can't wait to read the sequel. 5 star read!


Right now I am in the middle of two different books. The first is The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. I am so excited to read this one, and have been waiting awhile! I'm not far in yet, but loving it already! This series is very different, but the characters are amazing! This one has magic as its main element for this challenge.



The second book I am reading is Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers. This one is actually historical fiction, but it feels like fantasy, and has ASSASSINS who are daughters of Death. Perfect read for this month! I'm farther in this one and LOVING it. This is also a second book in a series-- a common theme so far!

Here are some other books that are tentatively on my TBR list for the month. These may be changed.




Let me know what you think about any of these books, or books you might suggest for me to read! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have some fairly creepy books lined up!! How will you sleep at night? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!